Dr. R M Vignesh karthik M.B.B.S., D.Ortho.,DNB Ortho., Fellowship In Joint Replacement -AJRI Chennai, South Indian Arthroplasty Academy ( AJRI, GANGA hospital Covai, Sunshine Hospital Secunderabad, Sparsh hospital Bangalore) Orthopaedic – Trauma, Primary & Revision Joint Replacement Surgeon, SPMM Hospital Salem.
- Dr. R M Vignesh karthik, did his undergraduate training from JJM medical college Davangere in Karnataka, to further his interests in the field of Orthopaedics he completed D.Ortho in VMKVMC Salem with University Gold medal in Orthopaedics.
- He continued his training in specialised orthopaedics with the Metropolitan hospital, Thrissur, Kerala.,
Completed his DNB Ortho. During his training years he has been operating in all specialities of Orthopaedics including surgeries for fractures, spine and joint replacements.
- He was selected for fellowship in Asian Joint Reconstruction Institute and trained with the stalwarts in joint
replacement Dr. P. Suryanarayan and Dr. Vijay C Bose in SIMS Hospital, Vadapalani, Chennai.
- After completing his 6 months fellowship, he was selected for the only long term ( 2 years) joint replacement fellowship programme available in India – SIAA ( South Indian Arthroplasty Academy). This is a joint venture between AJRI Chennai, Sparsh Hospital Bengaluru, Sunshine hospital Hyderabad, GANGA hospital Coimbatore.
- He has had extensive exposure in the field of joint replacements from primary joint replacement to revision joint replacements.
- He has assisted and operated individually many a case of simple and complex joint replacement.
He is trained in computer navigated knee replacement. Presently he is with “SPMM Hospital”. Dr. Vignesh karthik believes a world class Orthopaedic set- up with facilities to manage all trauma and Joint replacements is
the need of the hour.
- He is a compassionate person with a “patient first” attitude. He brings with him a
wide experience with the stalwarts in Orthopaedics. Through this he will be able to “Add more to Life” of all his patients Your continued support will make it possible
- He is trained in computer navigated knee replacement.
- Presently he is with “SPMM Hospital”. Dr. Vignesh karthik believes a world class Orthopaedic set- up with facilities to manage all trauma and Joint replacements is the need of the hour.
- He is a compassionate person with a “patient first” attitude. He brings with him a wide experience with the stalwarts in Orthopaedics. Through this he will be able to “Add more to Life” of all his patients
- Fracture care
- Joint preservation
- Joint reconstruction
- Total hip Joint replacement
- Total knee joint replacement
- Oxford – partial knee joint replacement
- Revision hip and knee joint replacement
- Arthroscopic ( key hole) surgeries o knee and shoulder.
- Computer navigated total knee replacement
- poly trauma care
- simple and complex knee replacement
- regenerative medicine
- partial knee replacement
- Monday to Saturday : 9:00am to 1:00pm, 4 pm to 7:00pm
Emergencies will be Received 24×7
PATIENT HISTORY – TOTAL KNEE REPLACEMENT
Mrs. Ramayee , 84-year-old lady with end-stage osteoarthritis both
knee underwent right total knee replacement successfully and went home
walking on 5th day after surgery.
Severely damaged knee joint with bone loss in the leg bone.
knee replacement in the process.
Knee joint Prosthesis fixed in the patient.
Pre-surgical x ray showing grossly damaged knee joints on both sides
Postoperative x-ray showing implants in good position
Patient at the time of discharge on 4th day after surgery. Sitting and walking comfortably.